It took a little less than a month for me to start and finish knitting my latest monster. That's pretty good for me, but it's not going to be good enough if I'm going to do all the Christmas knitting I want to do. I'm going to have to speed up to finish it all in 83 days! That sounds like a long time now, but I know it will be here before I have time to really think about it.
Still, I'm proud to have my first knitted Christmas gift finished. I used Rebecca Danger's Bea the Basement Monster pattern from her The Big Book of Knitted Monsters, but I modified it a little bit. I left the ears off and added flowers (the one on the "chest" area was to hide a pull in the yarn I used, and the one on her head was just for cuteness). I'm also renaming this monster; from henceforth, she will be called "Clarissa the Classroom Monster," as she is a gift for my cousin, a first-year public school teacher who is getting broken in big time by her students. I hope this cute monster will help make her smile.